Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What's cookin?

It's time for more renovating photos! I never posted anything about my favorite room ... the kitchen! It's a cute kitchen, very open with 2 big windows. It's not only the kitchen but the main entry room and the hallway of the house. Since the it's an important room to me and a focal point of the house, it desperately needed some TLC.

Before
The wood cabinets were scuffed, worn and just plain ugly!

After
Refinishing cabinets is a lot of work, but OH MY GOSH it was worth it! Luckily, I had my parents to help and we turned a dark, hole of a kitchen into a bright yet cozy space!

To save money, I kept the same hardware - just soaked it in a magical substance called Krud Kutter. If you've never used it, buy some and try it. I use this stuff everyday!

Kitchens are a lot of work, but paint really can do wonders. I'm so happy with the way it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.