Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wanted: Spray Paint

How cute is this?! I am desperately in the need of patio furniture. I'd been in an apartment so long that I dreamed of sitting outside ... eating dinner ... reading ... relaxing ... but I don't have furniture yet! I found this project idea here and there's a lot more where that came from.

I went to krylon.com to look at their various spray paint colors because I'm investing some dough in it! I've decided that my house is looking a little mis-matched, which is fine sometimes but it's a little too out of control for my taste. I've got a lot of wood that is dark, light, medium so I decided I'm going to spray paint a lot of stuff so that I can tie everything together.

Do you ever buy stuff because you like it but realize it really doesn't go with ANYthing? I've been doing that a lot lately so I'm ready to get my decor on the same page. Plus, autumn is my favorite time of year and a few months ago I decided I wanted it to be autumn all the time. Well ... summer came and I need some brightness!

I have the feeling that once autumn rolls around again, I'll feel the need to spray paint everything back to dark reds, oranges and greens and I suppose I can. I just need a fresh living room/dining room so I can breath a little easier!

3 comments:

  1. That's the beauty of spray paint. When you change your mind, it's easy to just spray over it. I love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One options is that you can stick with a color and just change out our accessories for the different seasons. I have a lot of painted furniture as well as unpainted. I love the eclectic! Pottery Barn and Ballard Designs is a great place for paint inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the same place right now! I have just discovered spray paint myself. I had been to afraid to try it (apartment living) but I got a huge box out of the recycle bin and gave it a whirl and now I am an addict. I love Rustoleum American line. They have one green- it's like a sea glass. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.