Monday, June 22, 2009

Nooks and crannies

As promised, here are some pictures that do not involve spray paint! It's also a small little decorating project that I've been meaning to do for a couple of weeks now and finally got the motivation to do it!

Our house is one of those weird ones with 2 front doors. It drives me nuts, but whatever! We only use one of them so instead of having this ugly brown door in the living room (that I didn't want to bother painting) I put up an old shower curtain (so I didn't have to buy anything!). The door has 3 small glass windows, as you can see, so I like that it gives the effect of a window.

Yucky blue carpet ... ignore that, please and thank you! :-) I put my cute little "sofa" that I got at Kmart a while back right in front of my door for a little seating area. I don't think I'll use it that much (since it's not in front of the tv!) but I like it there.

Another shot from the dining room/living room.
We ripped up yucky blue carpet in the dining room area a while ago, but decided to rip up some more in the rest of the living room yesterday! It needs a lot of work but I like it much better than the carpet. The other side, with the front door, I guess must have been a front porch because it doesn't have hardwood. We're replacing yucky blue carpet soon!


I feel better now that I got an actual decorating project out of the way! It also helped open up a little more of the living room since I kind of "shoved" everything back into the corner. The best part? It didn't cost a penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.