Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another finished project

Remember the pictures of my new hobby? Well, here are some more of the finished product! This was one of those try and try again processes, but I actually enjoyed it. It was kind of relaxing!

Here's some of my stamps ... I love all the different colors.

At first, I double stick-taped them onto the cardboard backing of the frame.

And that's what I came up with ... mmm, ok. But not good enough!

THIS is more like it! I got crazy and did all three frames in one night. Yup, I live on the edge.

Like what I used for the background? My honey asked if I wanted plain paper, but you write letters on notebook paper ... then send them in the mail with the stamps. Now I'm considering writing some "letters" and framing them in between these three.

Muuuuch better! So glad I used double stick tape!

Had to take a close up ... the stamp that's postmarked Buenos Aires is one of my favorites out of the bunch!

Another favorite was the horse stamp, from Egypt. Its the big colorful one in the middle.

This was a fun project. I still need to paint the frames but like I said ... I'm toying with the idea of writing some letters. I love how finishing one project keeps your mind fresh, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. These look striking. They will look so good grouped together on a wall. I love the idea of framing some letters too.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.