Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trying new things

Last week, my best friend (who does photography) and I decided to have a "photo shoot". She's got a professional camera, so of course her photos turned out wonderfully. We went to a wooded area by my house and I loved the scenery ... so much so that I decided to go back over Sunday night to take some photos of the projects I'd done over the weekend.

I made a chalkboard with one of my new favorite poems ... Repainted and sanded an awesome candelabra ...
And made another chalkboard ...
I can't wait until the leaves change a little more, but I love the little bursts of yellow. This is a perfect backdrop for some interesting pictures. I'm even thinking about taking my dining room table and chairs out here the next time we do a photo shoot!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had some interesting backgrounds to photograph. The best I have is my apartment beige walls and the dimly lit corners. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a new camera for my bday & intend to 'hit the road' for great autumn shots. Anxious to view yours ...

    Pop over & visit my friend Gail's 2d day at blogging ~
    shabbycottageshoppe.blogspot.com

    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.