Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Old Mill

A while ago, I showed you pictures of 4 tea cups from Goodwill. I liked them and they were stamped 'Made in England' so eventually I knew I would figure out a little more about them. During a quick Craigslist peruse, I clicked on a listing for a full set of Johnson Brothers china. I looked - and it wasn't my pattern but it looked close enough that I knew I could go to Replacements and find it.

Behold ... the Old Mill by Johnson Brothers. Its discontinued and was made from 1952-1977.
Wish I could have found the saucers. Here's what that set would look like.
That's quite the sugar bowl, if you ask me.
Of course, smitten by the creamer ... check out that detail on the handle!

Holy soup tureen!!!

The fancy tea pot.

They had listings for 3 different size pitchers on Replacements ... how fun!


And the gravy boat.

What table could be complete without an egg cup?

Or a butter pat?!

all photos from: replacements.com

Stop by my friend Kammy's blog ... looks to me like she found herself some Johnson Brothers, too!

3 comments:

  1. I love that pattern. Maybe, just maybe, you will get lucky and find more pieces to add or maybe even find a whole set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming dishes! Now that you know the name of the pattern, you can search for it from time to time on eBay and be on the lookout for it at estate sales and antique shops.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely! We've had a few pieces in our shop over time ... TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.