Friday, August 7, 2009

3 thrift stores ... 10 items later

As promised, I have some pictures of my thrifting to share. I'm linking up to my favorite party. Looks like it's been a good week for thrifting all around. I'll jump right in ...

I don't know why, but I love globes. This was was older, but in pretty good shape.
A little story behind this ... you may recognize this. Its Haviland Blue Garland and I absolutely love it. A coworker of mine has this entire set - it was a wedding present! I would LOVE to have it so I couldn't believe I found this at Salvation Army. I searched everywhere for the saucer, had no luck but certainly couldn't pass the tea cup up!

And onto another tea cup and saucer. This is Noritake Fragrance. I don't have any tea cups with this color scheme so I couldn't pass this one up either!

I love these metal trays so I was happy to find such a good sized one.

I know, I know ... another tea cup and saucer? Yep, I'm a collector and I can't pass up Noritake! This is Lamita.

I also found this super cute metal tin. It's got pretty flowers and cute quotes all around it, circa 1977.

I found a couple pieces of William Rogers Silver. I of course, always love a good tea pot.

And this pretty bowl. I have one already, but I just love them!
I found this wooden candalabra that I loved. I don't normally see wooden ones, so I'm excited to sand and paint this puppy!
Some of you probably cringe at the very sight of this. A fake plant. I'm not a green thumb and I'll admit, I always scour the "fake plant aisle" at thrift stores. I do steer clear of the really fake looking ones ... this one is high quality fake if you ask me! Hehehe.
And last but not least. This came out of my neighbor's trash can ... seriously. I though it'd be a good project piece. And no, I'm not afraid to grab stuff out of my neighbor's trash.

And there you have it. Don't forget to stop by Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures and see what everyone found this week!

13 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't even pik a favorite! I love all of your finds!!! Wooden candalabra!?! What!?!?! Big metal platter!!?!? What!?!?
    And what are you doing with all your cups and saucers???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh I just went diving in my neighbors trash lol Really I did it was a new low for me;-) They moved out and had a trash can with just on big piece of wood sticking out and I had trash so I opened it up and their was a huge mirror so I grabed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds. I like the mirror and candelabra looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job , I can't pass up an old piece of china either !
    Love all your finds !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff Jennifer! I didn't have too much luck this week, but boy did you score! The globe is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all. I really liked your fake plant, it is high quality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finds! I especially love the globe, the silver pieces, and the mirror you pulled from the trash. I would do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the blog comment earlier! Looks like we share a thrifty passion! May the thrifty gods shine down upon us! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your china pieces! What are you going to do with them? Display them? Use them? They are gorgeous! And I agree..that is a nice looking fake plant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're very brave to garbage pick your neighbor's trash....I know I couldn't do it! You found so many great things this weekend. I love that tray, and that teapot is such a pretty shape! But my favorite is that mirror, because that took guts, and I admire that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finds! I know some people don't like fake plants, but when you have a black thumb like me, sometimes they are the only option!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your finds! Globes are fun. I’ve seen a few people spray them down with chalkboard paint, they look very cute. I can’t believe you found all those wonderful tea cups. I’m loving the one with the pale blue trim.

    Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.