Tuesday, August 11, 2009

All the pretty things

I am quite delighted to share this post with you ... it's something I've been thinking about for a while. I was so happy with the results, I couldn't hardly wait to show you!

So what's got me so excited? This stuff ...
I have been considering polishing my silver for a while now, but couldn't decide if I should go through with it. I originally liked the tarnished, well loved look. After I saw this though, I was certain I needed to polish.

So without further adieu ... drumroll please! Behold - the Beastly Befores and the Amazing Afters!









See, I was rendered speechless! I think the pictures speak for themselves.

All the pieces were thrifted, of course. The teapot does have a story behind it that I wanted to wait to share with you. I found it at Salvation Army, behind a glass case and asked how much it was. I was told $8 ... and for Wm Rogers, I'll pay it.

When the cashier was ringing me up, she proclaimed (with a voice full of disgust and disdain) that she "would not pay $8 for that". I brushed her off, confident that it was going to be well worth it ... I had good things in store for it!

I would LOVE to take that very same teapot in to show her how beautiful and shiny it is now and say, quite bluntly ...

"Would you pay $8 for this now?"

But, I won't. I will do just what I did ... share it you with because I know you'll appreciate it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow---that looks great!!!! I'll keep that stuff in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl after my own heart! You did great on the price and on the transformations ... very nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer for the award. I am glad that there is a way to award and give newbies like me more publicity. I am looking forward to handing out some awards too, I will link back to you when I do. Thanks again. Marla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, love the silver, I share your passion for polishing ugly silver and making them shine. Marla

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.