Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Outdoor renovations

I decided to mix up my posts a little bit and show you what we've done outside the past couple of days. As you may know, we're preparing for a party this weekend and decided to do some pretty-ing up - outdoor style.

This is the porch before ... the bottom is kind of blah and doesn't have much curb appeal.

And the previous tenants used this nasty insulation stuff. Not very appealing.


So I got some outdoor paint and painted the blocks red!


Just one coat looks good!

But two coats is better ... what do you think?


My hostas that one of my dogs trampled through recently - they still look pretty though.


My honey got red mulch to put around the trees.


And it matched the paint almost perfectly!
This small improvement made a huge difference to us. Don't you love projects like that? We still have some work to do, but all in all - I'm very pleased with these results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.