Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Freshening up

I have become quite enamored with the cheese dome I found at Value World a couple weeks ago! As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to get it ... it reminded me of a cloche and I just thought it was neat. I paid $3 for it and it's actually a really nice piece. Especially now!

Before
After
I just spray painted the bottom. It was wood, so I cleaned it off but didn't do much else.

What a difference some spray paint makes!

I couldn't have asked for better results. It actually distressed itself!

This was a pretty quick project, but I wanted to at least experiment and show you the results! I can't wait to find something cute to display inside.

And once again, my love for spray paint is ignited.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice - I have one exactly like that that I keep procrastinating and putting off painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm going to have to start searching for cheese domes at the thrift store!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.