Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heirloom party!




I am so excited to join my new friend, Marie's Heirloom party! I have quite a few heirloom pieces that I absolutely love, so naturally I'm jumping at the chance to show them again!


I'll give you a little history before we get to the good stuff. When I was younger, my parents went to antique malls and shops a lot. I didn't get it ... then I got older and started going to thrift stores to find home decor, clothing, you name it - I just wanted to save some money! My eye was always drawn to the china. I mean, really, how elegant is a tea cup and saucer? Pretty classy, if you ask me. I've been very fortunate to find nice china pieces at antique shops and even thrift stores.

My favorites are definitely those that belonged to my grandparents (from all four, I think) and their parents. Amazing. Most of what I chose to show is china, although I have a lot of different things. You can just look through my blog ... I have quite a few posts dedicated to my heirlooms!



So, here we go! I truly hope you enjoy!!!



I have a set of four "shot glasses". I've never seen anything like them, and they're pretty cute.



This is a tea set that I love ... Ironstone, Bellegay.





I also have 4 matching tea cups and saucers ... I believe this pattern is from the '70s.





It's now proudly displayed on my kitchen table, along with handmade doilies.



Love this tea cup ... so delicate, so elegant.

A Hall teapot ... don't you love these?



A Nippon mayo bowl. I now have 2 but this one was my great grandmother's.

A Depression Glass juicer ... I'm so glad my family holds on to things!

A little pitcher.



The tea cup that started it all ...
I say that because one day, I happend to find a sugar bowl and 4 plates that match this ... at Goodwill. After telling my mother, she found out that my aunt still had a few pieces of this at her house. Score!!!

I have a beautiful platter, a few bowls, a few more plates and ...






And the creamer ... love the creamer. All that belonged to my great grandmother!



I have a lot of doilies, handmade by my grandma and great aunt that are now prouldy displayed throughout my home and ready to be framed for the wall!



Want more? Check out some past posts ... like this one and this one to see some more of my heirlooms.

Hope you enjoyed your trip down my memory lane!

21 comments:

  1. You have some great pieces Jennifer! Love the teacups and saucers. Do you actually use them? I don't but I sure like to look at them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful... but I LOVE your depression glass juicer! I had a friend that used to collect those! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you checked your juicer to see if it is vaseline glass? If you put it under a black light and it glows its vaseline glass............Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juicer and crochet--wonderful ! Love the rooster glasses too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all, but then I am an antiques dealer. Enjoyed your sharing. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some beautiful things! I especially love the china set that started it all! The pattern is gorgeous. I love that little glass pitcher too. Thanks for sharing your pretties and have a loveleigh evening.

    Sares @
    Loveleigh Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious to have so many lovely things that belonged to family - I love how it always keeps memories alive.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jennifer - thank you for joining the party! You have some fabulous heirlooms! I especially like the shot glasses and that pitcher made my heart skip a beat! The floral pattern and gold detailing is exquisite.

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing Jennifer. Ciao Rita
    P.S. This is fun Buona Notte

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely treasures to behold!..i wouldn't mind adding that sweet little creamer to my collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the teacup...you should check my post, you can spot them there too. Your pitcher is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love china, too. Your pieces are lovely and I especially love that Hall teapot! Gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to have that china! Don't hate me but I bought a box of it (service for 12) at a church rummage sale for $5! I later sold it at an auction when I was moving and made a pretty penny from it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jennifer :)

    It's funny how we become like our parents as we get older. I love your all your pieces, but I covet the juicer! I've been looking for one like it for quite a while now.

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Jennifer. You are correct in your trivia answer. I need your mailing address please. OliveRue@yahoo.com Love your heirlooms too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful china pieces! I would have loved to have had my grandpa's juicer! He always told me stories about his good orange juice. :o)
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. What treasures! I adore the little shot glasses. So cute. My grandma had the same juicer. She used it everytime she made lemonade. Thank you for sharing that memory with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have lots of treasures. Love the tea cups.. Also the juicer is fun. Great memories I remember with a juicer like that my Mother used. Love the dollies.. so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your pretty treasures. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am enjoying seeing everyone's heirlooms. I love the little pitcher the best.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've seen your china set before and love it also. The maker is Mt Clemens, and the pattern is Mildred. If you are looking for more you can find it on Ebay, sometimes at a very good price.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.