Friday, May 15, 2009

sidetracked

9 out of 10 times, I can find something I want at any given thrift store. I love the hunt, the excitement ... the unknown that thrifting offers. It's always good to go with low to no expectations because if you do, you'll most likely have your socks "wow"ed off.
I went to Goodwill on my day off to find some goods that I needed to complete a craft project I'll show you tomorrow. I had to get some china for said project and stumbled upon a little plate and bowl - Noritake, thank you very much - in this beauty of a pattern ... Colburn. I found this picture of it on replacements.com. You can find replacements for just about any kind of china and I'm able to get an idea of what my china may be worth. Love that website!
Back to what I purchased. Wednesday just happened to be half off red sticker day.
I got both pieces for 50 cents!!!
50 cents for two pieces of Noritake China!!!!!
I considered it to be a good investment. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.