Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nesting

My boyfriend and I recently rented a house that was a major fixer-upper. We have a few projects to go, but we got a lot done before we moved in. My favorite project was for my favorite room - the kitchen!

Before
These wood cabinets were in serious need of a facelift. The kitchen is the first room you walk in to as well as the main "walkway" of the house. Its a really big space with 2 huge windows so I wanted to keep it bright.


After

Painting cabinets takes a lot of work, but was it worth it? Definitely! I used the same cabinet pulls and hardware - we just cleaned it up so they've got a great distressed copper look. I absolutely love the way the project turned out.


Even though it looks 100% better, the kitchen is not quite finished. The walls need to be repaired ... they're plaster, and then I'll paint. We're also getting new flooring soon and that will hopefully be the finishing touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.