Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Directions

Well hello!

I've been giving this little blog o' mine a lot of thought and decided that it needed to go hand in hand with my Etsy shop. I'm doing updates little by little, so sit back and enjoy the ride!

Since Valentine's Day is coming up, I've been giving some ideas in my item descriptions for some pieces I think could easily be a gift for someone special!

I've been lucky to run across some very well made vintage doilies and I really love this one! The scalloped, layered edge is so fancy, isn't it? I think its perfect to display a pretty milk glass vase on. It could also be framed and hung on the wall for a festive V Day vignette.
This perfume bottle and mirror is so nicely detailed and styled like a vintage piece, although it's not quite at that 20 year old mark. I think it's a perfect piece for a young lady to put on her dresser.
If you love crazed, loved pieces ... this cup and saucer will surely still your heart. It's got so many shabby details - some fading and worn spots, but wow - is it a beauty! Maybe take a special cake over to a friend on V Day on this special plate!
Come back soon, but in the meantime check out the above items and much more at Chester and Donkey on Etsy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what lovely pieces ... the teacup is gorgeous, the perfume is beautiful.

    Pop over & enter our giveaway, if you haven't already ...

    Happy Valentine's
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay your new header is incredible... love the deer!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink doily. I wish I could crochet, or tat, or knit, whatever that it!!!!

    And I am crazy for crazing! Sweet china!

    (I finally took down my website store and opened my Etsy shop about two weeks ago).

    I am going to see what good things you have!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.