Monday, February 15, 2010

Vignette-ing

The other day I decided it sounded fun to use some furniture and pieces from my Etsy inventory to play an interior designer (at heart)'s idea of dress up. Vignette-ing, I called it.

If nothing else, it was a great opportunity to dust. I did have some fun and realized that I really need to get cracking on getting a booth space in a local antique mall.


Here's a couple options I came up with.

This is when I decided Chester and Donkey needed booth space.

And that's when I started decorating for myself. I hung some pictures from my shop in my dining room ...
And add some branches (that I trekked in the snow for) to my pitcher. I liked the look of something rustic in something so elegant and rich looking!
Then I added my $5 chippy table to the mix, along with some more recent finds.
I love these wire baskets! This one is filled with some vintage fruit that belonged to my grandma!
Vignette-ing can be a lot of work, but it sure is fun to have lots of goodies on hand to switch around my decor!

4 comments:

  1. This is truly one of my favorite things to do. I love the table next to the chair. It is so shabby chic and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vignettes, looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great! are you opening a booth then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your vignettes. I was just thinking it must be nice to enjoy your finds for a bit and then sell them. Makes room for lots of new stuff!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.