Sunday, July 5, 2009

True Treasures

I hope everyone had a good weekend ... I did and am very sad it's quickly coming to an end! I just linked up to Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures party at Southern Hospitality with this post, but decided to show everyone what I got this weekend.

My mom wanted to get rid of some decor items that she doesn't use anymore. The majority of them were passed down to her, so I'm extremely happy to have some of my family's treasures! I got some great stuff ... all for free!

An adorable Hall cup and saucer.

This was my Grandpa's. 24 Sucrets for 45 cents!

I didn't know what this was ... it was my grandma's and apparently everyone had this little dish filled with salt at their place setting at the dinner table!

A very old, very green juicer.

I passed these tea cups up the last time I was home, but I decided I needed them this time.

Check out the phone number ... it's missing a couple of digits so you know this is old.

Here's the whole thing ... a cute little themometer with poem.

A couple of ashtrays and an old box that used to have greeting cards in them.

I love old cheese graters.

I have 5 now!

A pitcher of some sort. Whatever it was used for, I like it.

And last but not least, some handmade doilies that I'm planning to frame! Enjoy the close ups ... there are some great detail in these!

Here's to a great weekend and a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Hello ~
    Neat to get stuff that was in the family !
    I love love love handmade dollies...I just bought a pretty pink one this weekend....I do
    not have the patience to make such a pretty !
    Congrats on your finds !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like shopping at Mom's! I always come home with something from a visit from my Mom's house! She's got a collection of that Hall pattern, so I like your cup and saucer. Glad I'm not the only one that likes old Sucrets tins! Beautiful doilies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great little treasures. The little glass dishes that held salt at each place sitting, are salt cellars.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your doilies and that green juicer looks like depression glass...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer, great treasures! The salt cellars are great! I love the green juicer! The doilies will look great framed! Clever idea! The pitcher might have been used for maple syrup? (Although I'd fill mine with boysenberry syrup). Love the cup and saucer!

    Have a good week!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutie patootie doilies!! Starch 'em up and then frame them with a pretty piece of fabric as a background. i recently bought a green glass juicer, too - I love the color. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer. Thanks for stopping by. It's nice to meet you. I love all your treasures. Those old cheese graters are wonderful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shopped at my mom's this weekend too! I love free stuff! I love that old juicer and glass pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I just had to leave a comment because I love those doilies! I have a little bit of a collection.
    blessings,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.