Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Learning curve

I'm on the Internet a lot ... I don't know what I would do without it, really! I have been doing a lot of research lately and it's extremely addicting. Last night, I traced my paternal grandfather's lineage back to approximately the 1200's in England. Crazy, right?! I've always been interested in history, especially now that I've gotten into collecting antiques.

I happened to be searching for collectibles on Craigslist. Someone had a huge china set for sale and the description had Made in England, so I clicked it. The pattern looked very similar to the 4 tea cups I'd picked up at Goodwill. I liked them and I did notice they were stamped "Made in England" but I think I would have bought them regardless ... I'd never seen anything quite like them!
I researched the name, Johnson Brothers on my favorite china website, Replacements.com to find out this info.

This is the snack plate size round tea cup and I really wish I could have found the matching saucers! The set sells for $17.99 on Replacements and I bought all 4 cups for $1 so I'd say that was a pretty good investment!

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a big fan of china. I'm planning to do a post for each piece I have, along with the history - if I can find it. They'll be spread out so I can still show you my various decorating and projects!

Swing by tonight ... part 2 of Two Post Tuesday will be some more lovely pictures of family heirlooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.