Thursday, December 3, 2009

What to do with free Part 2

I really can't say enough about how thrilled I was to get some free ornaments from a coworker. Sure, they're just cheap plastic but but I've been able to use them in about 6 different spots in my home!

The shelf above my kitchen sink is always changing. I couldn't wait to make it a little holiday-ish. After lots of decorating and re-decorating, I think I finally have a winning look. These are cute little sundae cups that happen to be heirlooms. They were the perfect size to hold these little guys.
A little vignette of Christmas colors ... you can't go wrong with milk glass and I added my little Willow Angel for an extra touch of holiday charm.

The third vignette in more Christmas colors. I'll be able to leave this up past Christmas, it's a little more "wintery" to me.

Hello, you! Anyone remember this little guy? I decided to buy him after I posted about him here. His cheeks match the ornaments perfectly.
On another note ... have you ever Google'd yourself? I did, well my blog name at least. I wasn't surprised to find my blog and Etsy shop but I did find this. Its a little write up picturing a set of mugs that are currently for sale in my shop. Thank you for the free advertising! Google yourself and see what's out there. It's kind of fun. And scary.

5 comments:

  1. Love the cups with the ornaments in them! I was soo tempted to buy that little elf. Glad he went home with you. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the ornaments in the cups. It looks so feastive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cups have a whole new purpose in life now that I have viewed this post...THANKS!
    Deb in FW

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by chester and donkey. I love your comments ... they kind of make me squeal with delight when I see one.